This home is designed by William E. Poole, from Wilmington, North Carolina. He is a well seasoned architect who by trade has visited and studied all forms of early American architecture from Natchez, Mississippi thru and to Nantucket, Massachusetts. He is the only architect in America to be licensed to copy and interpret Colonial Williamsburg Buildings for today’s modern living advances, while being true to classical design.
This Nantucket shingle style home is reminiscent of an eighteenth century New England Coastal home that could withstand harsh winters as well as sun, sand and water year round, but architecturally practical, orderly, and pleasing to the” eye”, as they used to say.
Parade of Homes 2014 Winner
- BEST BATH
- BEST KITCHEN
- BEST CURB APPEAL
This home is being crafted by E. T. Moore Homes, LLC which is a small family owned business that specializes in creating “one of a kind” custom homes that bring together timeless design and a multitude of reclaimed building materials, modern technology, tried and true old world technology, and lastly, a lot of hands on workmanship and attention to detail to achieve a finished product that is seldom seen in today’s super paced society. The founder, E. Taylor Moore, Jr. (who lives only four miles away) visits the project almost every day. He will work with any homeowner or personally select and, in house, manufacture all of the homes finest millwork materials. Mr. Moore has forty years experience in the building and reclaimed wood business.
A sampling of specialty building products include:
- Reclaimed wood mould sand cast handmade bricks
- Specialty 16″ wood siding shingles
- Repurposed heart pine porch columns and beams
- Brazilian walnut porch steps
- Custom mahogany doors with beveled glass
- Custom exterior fascia, soffit, window and door trim
- All Flashing to be 16 oz. copper; custom site bent.
- Reclaimed and custom flooring of heart pine, spruce, hickory, lyptus, oak and or cherry accents
- Stairs to be antique heart pine and mahogany
- Interior reclaimed ceiling beams in kitchen and great room
- Moulding including base, shoe, flooring, chair rail, window and door casing, all custom profiles of various reclaimed woods
- All stainless kitchen appliances
- Custom shop made cabinetry out of reclaimed woods
From Richmond: 64 East to exit 211. Go left off of ramp and follow signage 1.5 miles to Viniterra.