E.T. Moore Manufacturing Inc. and the National Wood Flooring Association have partnered to bring customized training to you with their “Jigs and Medallions” master class!
Enhance Your Knowledge and Technical Training Close to Home
Master Craftsmen Training For the artists and enthusiasts in the wood flooring industry- a course taught by the industry’s most prestigious instructors along with Dr. Daniel Cassens, Professor of Wood Products at Purdue University.
Three years experience and previous attendance of an Advanced level training.
Receive four CCU’s
Receive four CCU’s upon successful completion of training NWFA Training Events At E.T. Moore Manufacturing Inc.
Master Craftsmen Training: November 2-6 Registration Fees:
- $975 for non members
- $875 for NWFA members
- Early Bird discount before October 19th
Call 800.422.4556 or Visit: https://nwfa.users.membersuite.com/home
Dr. Dan Cassens, Professor of Wood Products at the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources from Purdue University to present for us at the November school at ET Moore. Dan has a Ph.D from the University of Wisconsin, Madison in wood science. He worked at US Forest Products Lab with Regis Miller, the predecessor to Dr. Alex Wiedenhoeft. He has quite the Vitae, and will be an excellent opening to the school we have scheduled.
This home is designed by William E. Poole, from Wilmington, North Carolina. He is a well seasoned architect who by trade has visited and studied all forms of early American architecture from Natchez, Mississippi thru and to Nantucket, Massachusetts. He is the only architect in America to be licensed to copy and interpret Colonial Williamsburg Buildings for today’s modern living advances, while being true to classical design.
This Nantucket shingle style home is reminiscent of an eighteenth century New England Coastal home that could withstand harsh winters as well as sun, sand and water year round, but architecturally practical, orderly, and pleasing to the” eye”, as they used to say.
Parade of Homes 2014 Winner
- BEST BATH
- BEST KITCHEN
- BEST CURB APPEAL
This home is being crafted by E. T. Moore Homes, LLC which is a small family owned business that specializes in creating “one of a kind” custom homes that bring together timeless design and a multitude of reclaimed building materials, modern technology, tried and true old world technology, and lastly, a lot of hands on workmanship and attention to detail to achieve a finished product that is seldom seen in today’s super paced society. The founder, E. Taylor Moore, Jr. (who lives only four miles away) visits the project almost every day. He will work with any homeowner or personally select and, in house, manufacture all of the homes finest millwork materials. Mr. Moore has forty years experience in the building and reclaimed wood business.
OPEN HOUSE – MAY 7th
Attend the E.T. Moore’s Open House and see product demonstrations from NWFA manufacturers, meet company representatives, and win prizes.
There is no cost to attend the OPEN HOUSE and no RSVP required.
NWFA Intermediate Installation and
Sand & Finish School - MAY 6-9
E.T. Moore Manufacturing Inc. partners with NWFA to provide you with quality training.
E.T. Moore Manufacturing Inc. has partnered with the National Wood Flooring Association to bring customized training to you. Enhance your technical skills with training close to home.
Intermediate Installation and Sand & Finish is a four-day training event covering different topics and hands-on experiences at an intermediate level.
Sharpen your installation skills, including jobsite evaluation and preparation, installation techniques, safety, custom entry-level borders, and medallion installations.
Training features a hands-on approach to installing unfinished and factory finished wood floors, including thorough training of installation methods for nail-down, glue-down and floating floors.
Learn how to incorporate simple design elements, allowing you to offer your client a custom wood floor while increasing your portfolio. Learn basic jobsite tool set-up and maintenance.
See You There!
Watch last year’s NWFA Expert Sand and Finish School at work!
E. T. Moore Manufacturing, Inc. hosted the NWFA Expert Installation / Sand & Finish School at our facility on Dec 4 – 12 2012. We supplied American Cherry, Lyptus, and End Grain Heart Pine to create the field. The center medallion was created with Hard Maple, and Black Walnut. The finish is Synteko conversion sealer, Synteko Best 20, Synteko Best 50.
E. T. Moore Homes is a wholly owned subsidiary of E. T. Moore Manufacturing, Inc. and turning your dreams into reality is what we set out to accomplish from day one. We listen to your desires, needs, and ideas and then with beautiful designs by one of our recommend, award-winning architects or by a designer of your choice, combine them with exceptional value and long-lasting quality materials.
Our goal was to choose a European old world style home that we could freely and liberally incorporate many of our own specialty building materials. All of our employees that worked full time on the project have an average of 25 years’ experience with construction and antique building materials. We feel as though the unique combination of old world materials and craftsmanship created a finished product that is unparalleled.
- Lot Selection
- House Orientation
- Pool; wrought iron fenced
- Outdoor kitchen with fireplace
- Circa 1810 hand cut granite English flower station
- Professional landscaping
- Mature trees
Exterior Home Features
- Roof – Old growth, quarter sawn red cedar shingles with 5″ exposure (instead of 10″)
- Metal Flashing – Custom Made; All 16 OZ pure copper, open valleys, hips, cheeks, sills, headers, transitions, and window framing
- Rafter-tails – Custom designed old growth reclaimed red cedar ogee decorative soffit supports. All roof eves “kicked up” 15° in the European manner with timber terminations.
- Siding, Vertical – Reclaimed rare Atlantic White Cedar boards covered with red cedar battens.
- Siding, Horizontal – Custom made juniper “live edge” lap; reclaimed – applied with handmade wrought iron nails. Please Note: Both siding applications are more costly than typical brick applications.
- Windows – Custom made Weathershield European style casement; aluminum exterior, triple mullion and insulation. Custom maple interior.
- Dormers – Oval top, copper covered; cheeks covered with handmade “fish scale” shingles
- Porches and Veranda – Reclaimed heart pine oversized columns and beam supports braced by hand cut mortise and tenon curved braces. Floor surface, reclaimed fire brick surrounded by South American cumaru wood.
- Steps – Circa 1896 hand cut sandstone, reclaimed
- Exterior Doors – 8 Sets; 1 3/4″ thick x 6′ 8″ tall mahogany French doors. All glass insulated and beveled. All jambs custom made with reclaimed heart pine.
- 3-Car Garage – True custom made raised panel, remote operated doors with arch tops. Reclaimed wood. All wood mold sand-cast brick reclaimed (c. 1830′s) laid in true Flemish bond and raked joints covering entire garage with copper covered reclaimed wood lentils.
- Garage Accoutrements – European gable end “birdhouse overhang”; Copper lined, handmade flower box supported by protruding ogee brackets; Copper cupola – 11′ tall 3 stage hand rolled, crimped, and soldered copper.
- Roof Vents – 8 European attic hand crafted functional copper vents.
- Chimney Caps – Imported from France; 24″ x 36″ handmade vented copper, integrated with massive 3′ x 6′ Flemish brick chimney.
Interior Home Features
- Flooring – All reclaimed plank heart pine, South American lyptus and cherry incorporating boarders, feature strips and rhombus patterns in contrasting grain orientation by nationally known flooring installation and finish expert.
- Great Room & Master Bedroom – Vaulted 18′ x 15′ ceilings accented with 6 x 6 reclaimed beams.
- Doors – All doors solid mahogany, two double raised panels with European arched top. All premium figured wood. All jambs custom made heart pine.
- Wall Thickness – All exterior walls 6″, interior walls 4″, 6″ and 12″ thickness for old world feel and additional insulation.
- Wainscot – Master bedroom, great room, and dining room finished with circular-sawn reclaimed original finish heart pine paneling.
- Casing – All window and door, two member custom milled trim with back band, heart pine.
- Trim – Base, shoe, chair rail, all reclaimed custom milled.
- Closets – All custom made with local reclaimed eastern aromatic red cedar.
- Kitchen – Sub Zero refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, icemaker, wine cooler, microwave, imported French “CornuFe” cast and enamel professional cook stove.
- Kitchen – Custom fabricated copper hood and backsplash, custom designed cabinetry with antique wood, soft close hardware, under counter lighting, tree member crown tops.
- Kitchen – Counter Tops – Butcher-block style (reclaimed rock maple from bowling alleys) with walnut double profile edge treatment, copper sink and faucet ensemble in massive island.
- Kitchen – English two tiered beamed ceiling over kitchen and breakfast nook.
We will work with your builder or architect to provide the industries finest materials.
For more information visit our website, www.ETMoore.com or call Ashley Moore or David Jackson at 804-231-1823.
We will be posting images here that would be interesting on Pinterest
- This Surfboard was built by our customer to be displayed in a Nags Head Beach House
- Our customer’s can create anything
- Hotel Side Entrance door to Grande Real Santa Eulália Hotel
- We supply material to restore and replicate many of the outbuildings and structures on George Washington’s estate
- CumaruDeck in Va. Beach
- The New Kent Winery was built by E. T. Moore Homes with 80% reclaimed materials
- heart pine timberframe and select edge grain flooring
- The sales center at Viniterra was built created with antique heart pine timbers and reclaimed heart pine number 1 grade flooring
- Reclaimed Heart Pine Trestle Table
- Reclaimed Heart Pine Trestle Table
- Heart Pine columns and beams frame the entrance to the dining hall
- The View from the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Hotel Door in Algarve Portugal
- The Grande Real Santa Eulalia Hotel Room Door in Algarve Portugal
- This is Reclaimed Brown Board Heart Pine Table Top that we custom made for a client. Our Cabinet Shop can turn dreams into reality!
E. T. Moore MFG was asking to pit saw 400 SQ FT of Reclaimed Long Leaf Heart Pine flooring for a museum. This is all vertical reclaimed heart pine flooring, the pit sawn face was gauged and undercut facing the floor joist and not walked on. To reduce the number of cuts, we cut the lumber on our German Sash Gang Sawmill to 3 inches and pit-sawed them in half to the desired 1 1/2 inches. Here at E. T. Moore, anything is possible
We are proud to deliver this house over to the homeowners.. We are currently looking at designs to start a second house in the near future. Not only do we manufacture all of the building components from antique heart pine flooring, reclaimed beams with antique connection hardware, cabinets, siding, and shingles, our constructions division, E. T. Moore Homes can build the entire package for you. The relationship of manufacturing and building gives us insight and flexibility that few reclaimed lumber dealers and general contractors could ever achieve at the same budget levels.
- The antique brick, and heart pine timbers blend beautifully together.
- Front Exterior Elevation
- These kitchen cabinets were custom designed with select edge grain heart pine rails and styles, original finish panels, and reclaimed bowling alley for the counter tops
- A rhombus patterned floor with antique heart pine and lyptus
- End grain flooring made from reclaimed heart pine beams
- Our select grade heart pine flooring blends beautifully with reclaimed timbers and original finish wainscot
- The original finish floor blends beautifully with the reclaimed beams and custom cabinets
- The counter top is reclaimed bowling alley. The darts and dot are visible on the end.
- Custom designed and built kitchen
- Our original finish flooring and antique heart pine beams
John K. George did an amazing job transforming Rothesay’s Kitchen for the 2010 Richmond Symphony Designer House. We donated and helped design all of the material to build the Coffered Ceiling. Be sure to look at the before and after pictures.
The antique heartpine beams match well with the antique fir paneling. The fir paneling is only 3/8″ thick.
The Model home, in Viniterra, is nearing completion. The artisans of E. T. Moore Homes are reviving lost traditions in home building and design. Not being satisfied with the quality of many material and components, we choose to manufacture them our self. In the kitchen we custom designed and built the cabinets, and even the copper vent hood above the stove. The counter tops were made from recycled bowling alleys and incorporated the original dots and arrows. In the foyer we installed the floor using a pattern of three diamonds, to create a hexagon; Cad programs were utilized to manufacture the perfect sized diamonds, resulting in even spacing around the perimeter of the foyer. The front and rear steps were reclaimed sandstone window lentils. Throughout the house, we incorporated a very popular product, Original Finish Antique Heart Pine. These boards are specifically chosen for the patina and rustic look to coincide with the French Country architecture. We are proud of this home’ s materials and construction as it sets the standards for the Viniterra Community.
- Strike up your next meal while sipping on award winning NKW merlot
- Originial Finish Heart Pine trim with a Medium Backband
- Details of our custom made cabinets
- Antique Sandstone Lentils repurposed as steps
This antique heart pine was hand selected especially for the armory project. We are very proud to help Colonial Williamsburg save and restore a piece of American history.
This Antique Heart Pine laptop used for writing in the field during the 1700′s and 1800′s. The portable desktop measures 20″ x 36″ and weight’s only 2 pounds. It’s surprisingly comfortable to use. Long Leaf Heart Pine was the wood of preference to use because of resistance to warping. Rediscover the past and stop by our showroom to see the uses of this reclaimed lumber throught history.
We have some great shots of our Western Red Ceader Roof and Juniper live edge siding. We are applying a specialized oil, on the roof shingles, that was referred to us by Mount Vernon
We are pround to donate distribution space Meals on Wheels Feedmore.. They are currently running 12 routes serving an average of 15 meals per route, that’s 900 meals per week right here in Richmond, Va.
We will be delivering Reclaimed Antique Heart Pine materials to Mt. Vernon Estate (George Washington’s Residence) tomorrow to rebuild slave quarters and gates. This is just one of many Historical treasures that E.T. Moore supplies premium materials. This will not be part of any “stimulus package” as they did it the old fashion way; they EARNED it.
We are breaking ground in Viniterra. We are excited to be a part of this great project. Our new home for sale on lot 88, will be custom created by E. T. Moore Manufacturing, Inc., from the footers to the roof shingles. We plan to use a combination of Antique Heart Pine, Reclaimed chestnut, Chinese Elm and other rare woods for Flooring, Beams and millwork. Old growth sinker cypress and live edge Juniper for siding and exterior trim framing the antique brickwork. Please check for progress on this magnificent home.
We are proud of the New Kent Winery being published in the national magazine Traditional Building. See how our construction and manufacturing company’s team up to build this green building out of reclaimed materials