E.T. Moore Homes' "The Armand" is a home owner's dream
The Armand was designed by Jack Arnold. Jack is an award winning and well known architect and is an expert in European residential design. His success comes from both an academic and hands-on approach that allows him to create everything from local construction sites to premier European museums.
E. T. Moore Homes turning your dreams into reality is what we set out to accomplish from day one. We listen to your desires, needs, and ideas and then with beautiful designs by one of our recommend, award-winning architects or by a designer of your choice, combine them with exceptional value and long-lasting quality materials.
Our goal was to choose a European old world style home that we could freely and liberally incorporate many of our own specialty building materials. All of our employees that worked full time on the project have an average of 25 years’ experience with construction and antique building materials. We feel as though the unique combination of old world materials and craftsmanship created a finished product that is unparalleled.
Designing Your Custom Dream Home
Turning your dreams into reality is what E.T. Moore Homes set out to accomplish from day one. We listen to your desires, needs, and ideas and combine them with exceptional value, long-lasting quality materials, and beautiful designs by one of our recommend, award-winning architects or by a designer of your choice.
Image Gallery The Armand
- All reclaimed plank heart pine, South American lyptus and cherry incorporating boarders, feature strips and rhombus patterns in contrasting grain orientation by nationally known flooring installation and finish expert.
Great Room & Master Bedroom
- Vaulted 18′ x 15′ ceilings accented with 6 x 6 reclaimed beams.
- Closets – All custom made with local reclaimed eastern aromatic red cedar.
Walls, Doors, & Trim
- All exterior walls 6″, interior walls 4″, 6″ and 12″ thickness for old world feel and additional insulation.
- Trim – Base, shoe, chair rail, all reclaimed custom milled.
- Casing – All window and door, two member custom milled trim with back band, heart pine.
- Doors - All doors solid mahogany, two double raised panels with European arched top. All premium figured wood. All jambs custom made heart pine.
- Wainscot – Master bedroom, great room, and dining room finished with circular-sawn reclaimed original finish heart pine paneling.
- Sub Zero refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, ice maker, wine cooler, microwave, imported French “CornuFe” cast and enamel professional cook stove.
- Custom fabricated copper hood and backsplash, custom designed cabinetry with antique wood, soft close hardware, under counter lighting, tree member crown tops.
- Butcher-block style Counter Tops (reclaimed rock maple from bowling alleys) with walnut double profile edge treatment, copper sink and faucet ensemble in massive island.
- English two tiered beamed ceiling over kitchen and breakfast nook.
- Roof – Old growth, quarter sawn red cedar shingles with 5″ exposure (instead of 10″)
- Roof Vents – 8 European attic hand crafted functional copper vents.
- Metal Flashing – Custom Made; All 16 OZ pure copper, open valleys, hips, cheeks, sills, headers, transitions, and window framing
- Rafter-tails – Custom designed old growth reclaimed red cedar ogee decorative soffit supports. All roof eves “kicked up” 15° in the European manner with timber terminations.
- Chimney Caps – Imported from France; 24″ x 36″ handmade vented copper, integrated with massive 3′ x 6′ Flemish brick chimney.
- 3-Car Garage – True custom made raised panel, remote operated doors with arch tops. Reclaimed wood. All wood mold sand-cast brick reclaimed (c. 1830′s) laid in true Flemish bond and raked joints covering entire garage with copper covered reclaimed wood lentils.
- Garage Accoutrements – European gable end “birdhouse overhang”; Copper lined, handmade flower box supported by protruding ogee brackets;
- Siding, Vertical – Reclaimed rare Atlantic White Cedar boards covered with red cedar battens.
- Siding, Horizontal – Custom made juniper “live edge” lap; reclaimed – applied with handmade wrought iron nails. Please Note: Both siding applications are more costly than typical brick applications.
Windows, Doors, & Porches
- Windows – Custom made Weathershield European style casement; aluminum exterior, triple mullion and insulation. Custom maple interior.
- Dormers – Oval top, copper covered; cheeks covered with handmade “fish scale” shingles
- Doors – 8 Sets; 1 3/4″ thick x 6′ 8″ tall mahogany French doors. All glass insulated and beveled. All jambs custom made with reclaimed heart pine.
- Porches and Veranda – Reclaimed heart pine oversized columns and beam supports braced by hand cut mortise and tenon curved braces. Floor surface, reclaimed fire brick surrounded by South American cumaru wood.
- Steps – Circa 1896 hand cut sandstone, reclaimed
- Outdoor kitchen with fireplace
E.T. Moore Homes, LLC
E.T. Moore Homes, LLC is a small family owned business that specializes in creating "one of a kind" custom homes that bring together timeless design and a multitude of reclaimed building materials, modern technology, tried and true old world technology, and lastly, a lot of hands on workmanship and attention to detail to achieve a finished product that is seldom seen in today's super paced society. The founder, E. Taylor Moore, Jr. (who lives only four miles away from Viniterra) visited the project almost every day. He will work with any homeowner or personally select and, in house, manufacture all of the homes finest millwork materials. Mr. Moore has forty years experience in the building and reclaimed wood business.