E. T. Moore Homes is a wholly owned subsidiary of E. T. Moore Manufacturing, Inc. and turning your dreams into reality is what we set out to accomplish from day one. We listen to your desires, needs, and ideas and then with beautiful designs by one of our recommend, award-winning architects or by a designer of your choice, combine them with exceptional value and long-lasting quality materials.
Our goal was to choose a European old world style home that we could freely and liberally incorporate many of our own specialty building materials. All of our employees that worked full time on the project have an average of 25 years’ experience with construction and antique building materials. We feel as though the unique combination of old world materials and craftsmanship created a finished product that is unparalleled.
- Lot Selection
- House Orientation
- Pool; wrought iron fenced
- Outdoor kitchen with fireplace
- Circa 1810 hand cut granite English flower station
- Professional landscaping
- Mature trees
Exterior Home Features
- Roof – Old growth, quarter sawn red cedar shingles with 5″ exposure (instead of 10″)
- Metal Flashing – Custom Made; All 16 OZ pure copper, open valleys, hips, cheeks, sills, headers, transitions, and window framing
- Rafter-tails – Custom designed old growth reclaimed red cedar ogee decorative soffit supports. All roof eves “kicked up” 15° in the European manner with timber terminations.
- Siding, Vertical – Reclaimed rare Atlantic White Cedar boards covered with red cedar battens.
- Siding, Horizontal – Custom made juniper “live edge” lap; reclaimed – applied with handmade wrought iron nails. Please Note: Both siding applications are more costly than typical brick applications.
- Windows – Custom made Weathershield European style casement; aluminum exterior, triple mullion and insulation. Custom maple interior.
- Dormers – Oval top, copper covered; cheeks covered with handmade “fish scale” shingles
- Porches and Veranda – Reclaimed heart pine oversized columns and beam supports braced by hand cut mortise and tenon curved braces. Floor surface, reclaimed fire brick surrounded by South American cumaru wood.
- Steps – Circa 1896 hand cut sandstone, reclaimed
- Exterior Doors – 8 Sets; 1 3/4″ thick x 6′ 8″ tall mahogany French doors. All glass insulated and beveled. All jambs custom made with reclaimed heart pine.
- 3-Car Garage – True custom made raised panel, remote operated doors with arch tops. Reclaimed wood. All wood mold sand-cast brick reclaimed (c. 1830′s) laid in true Flemish bond and raked joints covering entire garage with copper covered reclaimed wood lentils.
- Garage Accoutrements – European gable end “birdhouse overhang”; Copper lined, handmade flower box supported by protruding ogee brackets; Copper cupola – 11′ tall 3 stage hand rolled, crimped, and soldered copper.
- Roof Vents – 8 European attic hand crafted functional copper vents.
- Chimney Caps – Imported from France; 24″ x 36″ handmade vented copper, integrated with massive 3′ x 6′ Flemish brick chimney.
Interior Home Features
- Flooring – All reclaimed plank heart pine, South American lyptus and cherry incorporating boarders, feature strips and rhombus patterns in contrasting grain orientation by nationally known flooring installation and finish expert.
- Great Room & Master Bedroom – Vaulted 18′ x 15′ ceilings accented with 6 x 6 reclaimed beams.
- Doors – All doors solid mahogany, two double raised panels with European arched top. All premium figured wood. All jambs custom made heart pine.
- Wall Thickness – All exterior walls 6″, interior walls 4″, 6″ and 12″ thickness for old world feel and additional insulation.
- Wainscot – Master bedroom, great room, and dining room finished with circular-sawn reclaimed original finish heart pine paneling.
- Casing – All window and door, two member custom milled trim with back band, heart pine.
- Trim – Base, shoe, chair rail, all reclaimed custom milled.
- Closets – All custom made with local reclaimed eastern aromatic red cedar.
- Kitchen – Sub Zero refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, icemaker, wine cooler, microwave, imported French “CornuFe” cast and enamel professional cook stove.
- Kitchen – Custom fabricated copper hood and backsplash, custom designed cabinetry with antique wood, soft close hardware, under counter lighting, tree member crown tops.
- Kitchen – Counter Tops – Butcher-block style (reclaimed rock maple from bowling alleys) with walnut double profile edge treatment, copper sink and faucet ensemble in massive island.
- Kitchen – English two tiered beamed ceiling over kitchen and breakfast nook.
The total cost of this unique home including land, interest, labor, materials, taxes, insurance, appliances and landscaping is $1,019,642
We will work with your builder or architect to provide the industries finest materials.
For more information visit our website, www.ETMoore.com or call Ashley Moore or David Jackson at 804-231-1823.